Neck pain vs. hypertension
A lot of people suffer from neck pain. People have much confusion about neck pain also. Somebody thinks neck pain means hypertension or high blood pressure. But actually hypertension means creating extra pressure on blood vessels while blood passing through it. Sometimes it creates pain over neck but not always. Now let’s see how many cause behind neck pain.
Neck pain due to neck itself:
We know our neck is formed by 7 cervical spine surroundings by muscle, ligaments and tendon. Blood vessels and nerve are passing through it. If any degeneration of this structure causes neck pain as like
- Bad posture: if we sleep in bad posture or doing our job in incorrect posture, then we can suffer from neck pain.
- Disc prolapse: if disc between our 2 consecutive cervical spines get prolapse, then we can suffer from neck pain.
- Pressure over nerves: if any structure surroundings neck creates pressure on our nerve also causes neck pain.
- Traumatic cause: trauma due to road traffic accident or fall from height causes neck pain.
- Cervical Spondylosis: it’s a medical term which indicates degeneration of cervical spine due to aging process and our spine creates extra bones called osteophytes causes neck pain.
- Cervical osteoarthritis: cartilage degeneration over bones due to fracture, infection or any other cause lead to neck pain.
- Infection: some time tuberculosis or tumour can happen to your cervical spine also and it also causes neck pain.
- Blood cancer: lymphoma and myeloma can cause pain.
- Metastasis: cancer from another organ may transmit to neck and causes neck pain
- Tumor on spinal cord: tumor on cervical spine may causes neck pain
- Fibromyalgia: this is a condition where a patient feels whole body ache without any known cause. Sometimes with whole body pain patient also fell neck pain also.
Neck pain due to outside of neck:
- Pharyngitis: inflammation of the pharynx causes neck pain
- Lymph node inflammation:
- Problem with your teeth: pain may refer to your neck from teeth.
- Angina or myocardial infraction: due to angina or myocardial infraction (heart attack) pain may refer to neck.
- Aortic aneurism: abnormal expansion of great aorta.
Is neck pain a symptom of hypertension?
Normally hypertension doesn’t cause neck pain but certain of hypertension named malignant hypertension may cause neck pain.
Which type of examination we should do for neck pain?
X ray of cervical spine: to see the bony part of our spine
MRI of cervical spine: to see the soft part of our spine
Physical test: a doctor physically assesses the patient.
Beside test for above mention disease
Treatment for neck pain:
Drug treatment for relief pain: a registered doctor prescribed pain medication to relieve pain
Physiotherapy: a physiotherapist assesses your condition and prescribed therapeutic exercise to relief from neck pain.
Some techniques usually a physiotherapist use for relieving neck pain are:
- Cervical spine mobilization
- Manipulative adjustment
- Myofascial trigger release
- Active release technique
- Muscle energy technique
- Isometric neck strengthening exercise
- Mackenzie technique
- Mulligan technique
- Cervical traction(auto or manual)
- Ultra sound therapy
- Infrared ray radiation
- High intensity laser therapy.
Mayfair wellness clinic is a well-organized physiotherapy clinic at Gulshan 1 Dhaka. Our expert physical therapist can give you a solution if you have vertigo. Please visit us and let us know about your problem.
Dr. Azhar Islam
Azhar is a registered physiotherapist with degrees from BPT, faculty of Medicine, DU (NITOR) and Masters in speech and language pathology, Department of communication disorders (DU).He has worked in a variety of settings, encompassing orthopedics, neurology, pain, paralysis and sports physiotherapy through Mayfair Wellness Clinic.
ইরেক্টাইল ডিসফাংশন, যা ইডি বা পুরুষত্বহীনতা বা লিঙ্গ উত্থানজনিত সমস্যা নামেও পরিচিত, সারা বিশ্বের ...
Erectile dysfunction, also known as ED or impotence, is a concern for millions of ...
প্রোস্টাটাইটিস এবং ক্রনিক পেলভিক পেইন সিনড্রোম (CPPS) এ- ESWT/ শকওয়েভ থেরাপির ভূমিকা- প্রোস্টাটাইটিস কি? ...
Prostatitis is a frequently painful condition that involves inflammation of the prostate and sometimes ...
ADHD is one of the most common neurodevelopmental disorders of childhood. It is usually ...
SLAP stands for "superior labrum from anterior to posterior." This type of shoulder labral ...
Share This Blog, Choose Your Platform!